Facebook is one of the most popular and useful social media platforms for businesses.
Unfortunately, it can be a bit challenging to make them work for you if you don’t have a clear understanding of what works. And what works, often changes as Facebook, is constantly tweaking their feeds in order to provide richer user experiences.
For business pages, it should be noted that only 1.5 – 2% of your followers see your posts on average. This is a shocking stat for many.
But the good news is, you can increase it both organically and through targeting ads.
This has always been the case but now it’s getting more defined.
Now or soon (Facebook is rolling this out in phases), you will want to make sure your posts on both FB encourage user interaction.
- Post content that gets more that just “likes” but actual emotive reactions like “love” or “laughter” and better yet comments and shares. The FB algorithm rewards this by pushing your post in front of more of your followers’ eyes as they assume the content is high quality
- Links leading users off of Facebook will downgrade the post from being seen.
- Instead focus on grow your email list on Facebook and make sure to reply to all user comments. Building relationships are key!
- DO NOT boost posts (they historically fair very poorly). Rather, promote your page to a targeted audience: people with the motive and means to buy your product.
- If someone messages you, respond quickly and be as helpful as possible.
- Key takeaway: constantly work on building relationships. Sales typically come over time and multiple interactions.
These are just a few broad suggestions that you can implement yourself.
Of course, we are here to help.